Today is 25th and is exactly one month since I’ve published my first post! At the beginning I had little to no expectations, then a few people liked what I wrote, then a few subscribed and I thought that maybe… maybe I could keep it going. Then I set my goal to reach 50 followers for my first month and who knew I would go way beyond that with more than 150!! This may seem as a small number for most of you, but to me it means a lot! Then there were these lovely people who showed me that the blogging community is more welcoming and encouraging than any other social network! Kudos for you guys, you are the real MVPs!
So enough with my speech! I was also nominated for several awards and tags. None of these awards have any actual value by itself, but usually, especially for new bloggers like me, they make the difference between quitting blogging and going on. So today I am very happy to express my gratefulness to all the people who nominated me and showed me their support.
First it was Everything me who tagged me in her recent awards post and I am not entirely sure for which award specifically but thank her anyway for being such a lovely fellow blogger. Then I got the Blue Sky tag from Oriana and The Liebster Award from Bellainizio. Thank you girls, you are amazing! Make sure you check their blogs 🙂
Here are the rules for both of the awards:
- Acknowledge blog who nominated you and display award;
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you;
- Give 11 random facts about yourself (this is only for the Liebster Award but I think I’m going to skip it)
- Nominate 11 blogs;
- Give them 11 questions to answer;
As I don’t want you to get bored with a very long post, I’m quickly going to pick 11 of my favourite questions and answer them.
1.Favourite song at the moment? I normally don’t have favourite songs, but I am a great admirer of Sia and love all of her work, so hope that counts 🙂
2.Most embarrassing moment? Recently I walked in the wrong lecture hall and had to sneak out during the break because it was far away from what I was studying. Unfortunately the lecturer saw me and I had to come up with some ridiculous excise. Wasn’t pretty, trust me.
3.What is your favourite thing to do on weekends? I like to hang around in my pajamas all day, maybe cook something lazy, watch a movie or two..
4.What is your favourite thing about blogging? Like I’ve already said, I love how supportive this environment it. I honestly haven’t seen someone saying any negative thing about other’s blog.
5.Do you enjoy or avoid the company of other people? That pretty much depends on my mood and the company itself. I also have periods when I’m very social and talkative and then isolate myself from the world. So I will say both, with the tendency to do the second.
6. How many children would you like to have? 5? If dogs and parrots count for children 🙂
7. Which language with a different alphabet than yours would you like to learn? I would maybe say Italian, for no particular reason. It just sound pretty to me. Then I would like to have the courage to learn some Nordic language, but it seems way too hard.
8. How did you come to pick your blog name? I’m terrible when it comes to giving names. For this same reason none of my 4 parrots has a name. Terrible owner, I know. So… about the blog. I don’t know. I had the ambition to start doing needle art and sharing my stuff on my blog, so that’s why there’s ‘needle’ in the name. But apparently I didn’t. And maybe I should. Who knows (please let me know if you are interested in such thing, it would be very motivating for me).
9. Where do you see yourself and your blog in a years time? Okay, I really want to say that I see myself successful, and I very much hope that would be the case. Unfortunately, I’m still not that good with social media, I lose interest in everything I do rather quickly, and I’m afraid that I don’t really know where I’m going.
10. Who is your celebrity crush? Uh, that’s a hard question. I like many many people but I probably don’t have a crush. So maybe I’d say that I’m watching these Homeland series, and I really like one of the characters and respectively the actor – Peter Quinn/Rupert Friend. But crush is maybe a bit too much 😀 (And Jason Momoa – he is goals. And Alexaned Rybak. Okay, there are quite a bit crushes obviously, you can’t even follow a pattern lol).
11. What’s one good thing that happened today? As this is a scheduled post and I actually wrote it on 22nd, when my boyfriend had his birthday, I guess that it was good that I was with him 🙂 And we had cake, hooray!
Here are my questions:
- What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up?
- When did you start your blog and what were your expectations about it?
- What’s the dish you cook best?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What’s your favourite part of the day?
- How much time you allow yourself for blogging?
- What is your favourite sweet thing to eat (or not)?
- Which is the cutest thing you own (product, animal, toy, picture)?
- Which is your favourite beauty product (brand or actual thing)?
- What would you like to do in order to improve your room?
- What was the best thing someone has ever told you?
And these are my nominees (you can do the Blue Sky tag or The Liebster award by your choice, but don’t forget to include 11 facts about yourself if you pick the latter!):
- Blush Off the Haters
- This is my bliss
- Always Cleia
- The fashion pinner
- Victoria’s bubble blog
- Between the Pages
- Simply Ellen
- wandering in my genes
- Wander Summer
- Matters of Living
Thank you people, keep being awesome!