Lifestyle, Travel

I MOVED (again): life update

I really don’t have any apologies left about why I haven’t been that active on the blog for the past few months. Actually I’m going through a very complicated period now, where I can’t really say what’s going on, because even I don’t know. Things happen super fast, one day I’m so proud of the decisions I’m taking, the next day I’m going all into an existential crisis.. Obviously something is very wrong with me, but at this point I’m really tired of trying to fix it.

Long story short – I moved (as you could’ve guessed from the title already).

Where?

Slovakia.

For real.

I’ve never imagined myself living in Slovakia even in my wildest dreams.

So here I am.

In Slovakia (I’m now starting to repeat myself haha).

kosice stare mesto slovakia

I’m not in the capital Bratislava, but in a very quiet city right on the other side of the country. So far I’m not really sure if I love it or hate it, but I think I might get used to it eventually. I’m still exploring and trying to find all the nice spots, but you know, it’s kind of tough when you don’t have anyone to share those incredible experiences and views with.

kosice stare mestokosice stare mesto

I’m not sure if you’d like me to share more about what I’m doing here, maybe posts about places I’ve visited or local food I’ve tried? Like I’ve said – it’s not a popular touristy spot, so I’m not sure if you’d find such posts enjoyable to read πŸ˜€ Questions are also appreciated (if you have any).

Sooo, see you in my next post I guess?

Meanwhile, a kind reminder to follow me on Instagram, because I’m posting stories there before making them into a blog post πŸ˜€

Share on
Previous Post

You may also like

13 Comments

• Reply Life of Hayley

Congratulations! It looks beautiful there πŸ™‚

June 13, 2018 at 7:56 pm
    • Reply Siyana

June 13, 2018 at 8:07 pm
  • Reply Daniela

Wow, you actually moved to the city where I spent good 8 years of my life (high school and university). Hope you will like it eventually, I liked wamdering around HlavnΓ‘, although it’s been around 10 years since I had a proper good time there and many things changed. Anyway, welcome to K in Slovakia , maybe I will see you there when I come back! 😘

June 13, 2018 at 8:29 pm
    • Reply Siyana

The small streets are very charming indeed, please send me all the tips and tricks ahah! And of course, I’d love to meet you sometimes if you come around ☺️ I don’t mind traveling too haha πŸ˜†

June 13, 2018 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply Nova

These pictures are truly gorgeous! I hope everything goes well for you in your new home!

June 14, 2018 at 3:55 am
    • Reply Siyana

Thank you, it’s really lovely so far ^^

June 16, 2018 at 7:11 pm
  • Reply Hunida

Looks like a beautiful place to live! Would love to see a post on your fave foods. β™‘

June 15, 2018 at 3:42 am
    • Reply Siyana

Oh yes, definitely, ant it would inspire me to taste some local cuisine!

June 16, 2018 at 7:11 pm
  • Reply Invisibly Me

That’s amazing!! No wonder you’ve been so busy – how exciting! I bet it’ll take some time to adjust, learn your way around, find the ‘hot spots’ to visit etc. When you say you don’t have someone to share the experiences with, don’t forget that you do – us!! How are you settling in at the moment? Are you finding the people and community nice and welcoming? Caz xx

June 15, 2018 at 4:03 pm
    • Reply Siyana

Aw, Caz, that’s one of the sweetest messages I’ve ever got! It’s really nice to have the opportunity to share with you, my blogging family <3
      I find it quite nice here, I share a room with another girl, so I'm not completely alone, but I'd say it's a really small city and it's kind of difficult to meet new people πŸ˜€

June 16, 2018 at 7:16 pm
  • Reply lifeofangela

Slovakia! That’s incredible! I honestly don’t know anything about Slovakia, so I’m keen to learn more through your posts πŸ˜€

June 16, 2018 at 12:22 am
    • Reply Siyana

I’ve never even heard of the city prior to my arrival, so yes, there’s definitely a lot to learn πŸ˜€

June 16, 2018 at 7:18 pm
  • Reply Always Cleia

I’m sorry you’re in such a complicated part of life right now, I hope that you grow to love your new city. It does look beautiful there, we certainly don’t have buildings that look like that where I’m from!

June 19, 2018 at 3:16 am