Today we finally got some sunshine, so I quickly managed to snap a few photos for my upcoming posts. I mean, you can never have a good photo without proper lighting and the weather over here is really giving me a hard time!
Anyway, it’s Saturday, which means time to do some chores! Did anyone say cleaning brushes? Because it’s one of my favourite chores to do, but I also hear many people hate it! I just love the feeling of freshly cleaned, nicely scented fluffy brushes, and really hate germs and old make up…
I decided to show you my currently favourite brushes first. They are not a lot, gathered from different brands – some were crazy cheap, other are a bit more expensive, but for one reason or another – they are proudly standing on my desk and are part of my everyday routine!
- Ecotools Perfecting Blender Duo – they were in a pack of two – one big and one small. To be honest, I don’t really use the small sponge because it doesn’t get ‘fluffly’ when damp, the way the big one does. The big one really makes the application smoother, and makes the concealer stay longer! I’m definitely buying more!
- Ecotools Skin Perfecting Brush – if you don’t like how your contour or bronzer stays on your skin, it’s not the product – it’s the brush!! I’ve learned that the hard way and now thanks to that little brush, I can say that I like how my contour looks.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush – I just love this fluffy brush and I use it for so many things – mostly for setting powder, although it’s for ‘blush’ (guilty here).
- Real Techniques Shading and Shadow Brush – I love them both, I use the bigger one for general blending and the other one for the smaller details.
- Real Techniques Setting Brush – oh, guess what, I don’t set anything with it 😀 I use it either for highlighter or some more eyeshadow blending. Please tell me I’m not the only one!!
- The one with the leopard print – I’ve got it from ebay, together with 4 more brushes, and it was my first set ever! I use it for filling in eyebrows, lipstick, eyeshadow… so far we’ve learned that I never use the brushes for their actual purpose!
- Technic Eyeshadow Brush – this one I’ve got recently and it turned out to be one of my favourite since then! It’s really fluffy and makes the blending super easy!
We saw that I really treasure my eyeshadow brushes and use most of them! I also fell in love with the sponge – the moment I discovered it. I can’t tell you where have I been for so long and why I’m trying the sponge now after everybody has been literally raving about it for ages.
Moving on, I used to wash my brushes with any soap or shampoo I’ve had nearby, but recently Technic contacted me and asked if I wanted to try their Brush Cleaner. At first I was really skeptical, because I imagined it to be one of those sponges that you use to switch shades with it. I hope you’ve got what I’m talking about. Anyway, I agreed to test it out, because you should never claim a thing to be useless, before actually trying it.
So I’ve got the package and I was so surprised to see that there was an actual product inside, together with a complimentary brush and a sweet note!
I’ve got 120g of a solid product for the price of around £6. It’s supposed to have a fresh cucumber scent, but to me – it smells like… nothing.
What you do is wet your brushes, then swirl them in, and then rinse with water. The brush cleaner performed well in my opinion, going even further and cleaned my sponge with it. It was gentle to the brush bristles and there wasn’t any product left behind.
Would I use it again – definitely!
Would I buy it again – I doubt so, because I’m sure it would last me for a lifetime!
As I already mentioned, it is a solid, just like a soap bar, but even harder. It’s also transparent, it doesn’t have any smell as well… which means less harmful chemicals maybe? I can’t really tell, but I very much like it. Have you ever tried it?
What do you use to clean your brushes? Also, how often do you do it? I hear people do it once a month, others do it every time they use their brushes… I feel like once or twice a week is decent, what about you? Thanks for reading,