So I’ve managed to get a few samples from BUXOM – a mascara and a tiny lip gloss. As far as I know, BUXOM is a very popular American brand, and they are launching now in the UK in Debenhams. Obviously I’ve never tried them before, so I’m super excited to do so now!
I tested the mascara for a whole day and really liked, but considering its pros and cons, probably I won’t buy it again. If you are curious to know why, then keep on reading. I’ll be comparing it with my current favourite Lash Sensational Mascara, and if you haven’t tried that one – where have you been all this time??
- It looks good on my lashes – it definitely gives more length than volume, but if you put enough layers, it looks very nice!
- It’s long wearing – I wore it for more than 8 hours, and at the end of the day it looked like I’ve just put it! It doesn’t smudge or fall under your eyes, which is a huge pro for me!
- It is super easy to remove – it easily fades away using any type of cleanser. I very much like that you don’t need to rub your eyes to get rid of the mascara!
- The price – the Buxom mascara costs £16 and honestly it doesn’t give me much more than the Lash Sensational one for £8, so I can’t justify the price difference. If you compare my eyes on the picture above, you couldn’t tell that I wore two different mascaras. And to be honest, in real life I actually prefer how does the LS look on me.
- The brush – Right, that’s another strange thing! I’ve never seen such a huuuuuge brush, it’s twice the size of the Lash Sensational one. It’s super big and sometimes it could be difficult to work with it on the lower lashes or the smaller ones on the inside of the lid. Just look at it! I also don’t think it’s soft and fluffy enough but I guess you can just use a different brush.
The ‘Full On’ Lip Polish:
I don’t usually wear shiny lips, so the Lip Polish was a product that I was excited to try! I think that’s my only lip gloss at the moment, so as you can see my expectations are quite high. The Lip Polish retails for £15 and if I had to spend the £15, I’d happily spend them on it, and not on the mascara.
So, the Lip Polish is in the shade Dolly and in the bottle it looks mauve with sparkles. When you put it on the lips (or just swatch it) it doesn’t give you lots of colour payoff (at least my shade, for the darker ones it could be different), it’s just this beautiful shine with a very subtle pinky hue. I really like that, as it could be used as lipstick topper as well.
It also feels wonderfully on the lips! It ‘tingles‘ in the first half-hour, but I’d describe it as when you are having a minty sweet in your mouth and then you drink cold water – it feels extra cold! This ‘tingling’ is supposed to plump your lips, but I didn’t notice any difference.
After the shine fades away, you still have some sparkles left on the lips – like tiny glitter. The gloss feels super moisturizing, so that’s another thing I like a lot!
Overall, both products are high quality, but between the two, I’d definitely prefer the lip polish.
Is it worth trying: Yes for both.
Would I buy it again: Probably yes for the lip polish, and no for the mascara.
Thank you for reading! Have you tried any of the Buxom products?